American Airlines is a major American airline headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas. The airline operates a wide international and domestic network.
American Airlines was founded in 1930 and has grown to become one of the largest airlines in the world, offering an average of nearly 6,700 flights daily to 350 destinations in 50 countries.
The online check-in begins 24 hours and up to 45 minutes prior to departure and 90 minutes for international flights.
American Airlines offers a connecting flight from Johannesburg or Cape Town to London and then to the United States of America.
How many bags can you take when flying with American Airlines?
You can check up to 10 bags if your trip is:
You can check up to 5 bags if you’re travelling to / through / from:
- Mexico / Caribbean / Central America
- South America
When you travel internationally, you’re responsible to make sure you have the correct documents to enter and pass through any countries during your trip, and then make your way back home. The following are some tips to following when travelling internationally:
- Everyone traveling, regardless of age, needs their own set of travel documents.
- Always use the information exactly as it appears on your passport (to book and fill out any documents).
- Check with the legation of every country you’re entering (or passing through) to make sure you meet all travel requirements.
- Some countries require proof of return or onward travel, a visiting address and sufficient funds for your stay.
- Passports are valid for at least 6 months after the date you enter a foreign country, therefore it is important that it be kept in good condition, free of any damage beyond normal wear and tear, and material alterations. You may be denied boarding if you travel with a passport that appears damaged or altered.