Cape town to Port Elizabeth
Flights from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth is the best way to travel from the “Mother City” to the “Windy City”.
Port Elizabeth is one of the largest cities in South Africa and is situated in the Eastern Cape Province. It is located around 755km east of Cape Town.
The duration of a flight from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth is approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes and around 6 flights are available daily from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth.
Port Elizabeth is one of the major seaports in South Africa.
The following airlines offer flights from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth:
- South African Airways
- British Airways
Interesting facts about Port Elizabeth:
- Even though Port Elizabeth is famous for its beautiful beaches, it also contains a number of wildlife including the Eastern Cape Elephant and the Cape buffalo.
- Port Elizabeth is lovely and green all year round!
- Port Elizabeth boasts with the nicest weather in which the highest recorded temperature was 41°C and the lowest recorded temperature ever was just -1°
- It is the second largest city in South Africa in terms of area space but with regards to its population, it is the fifth largest.
- Even though Port Elizabeth is nicknamed the “Windy City”, it is actually, according to climatologists, the least windy coastal city in the whole of South Africa.
- Port Elizabeth got its name from Sir Rufane Donkin in 1820. He was the acting Governor of the Cape Colony and he gave the port the name of his late wife, Elizabeth.
- The King Beach was awarded the international Blue Flag status. It is the perfect beach to relax at and soak up the amazing weather of Port Elizabeth.
Book your flight from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth now with Cheap Flights To by clicking on the link above and experience the “Friendly City” with its beautiful beaches!