Durban to Johannesburg
Flights from Durban to Johannesburg is the best way to travel from a city situated along the Indian Ocean to the City of Gold.
The duration of flights from Durban to Johannesburg are approximately 1 hour and 5 minutes.
The following airlines offer flights from Durban to Johannesburg:
- British Airways
- Mango Airlines
- South African Airways
All these airlines offer non-stop flights from Durban to Johannesburg.
Johannesburg is known for its diversity, with a variety of cultures, languages and religions that can be found. Johannesburg is a symbol of South Africa’s infamous Rainbow Nation. With a variety of places to see and things to do in Johannesburg, everyone is sure to find entertainment that will suit their pocket and taste.
Interesting facts about Johannesburg:
- Even though Johannesburg is over 120 years old, it is still one of the youngest major cities in the world. Johannesburg was founded on 4 October 1886.
- Johannesburg if the second biggest city in Africa. The biggest city in Africa is Cairo in Egypt.
- Johannesburg has the world’s biggest man-made forest and this forest includes over 10 million trees.
- The Johannesburg Zoo that is based in Parktown is over 100 years old and it is the home to the only two polar bears in Africa. The one polar bear came from Canada and the other one from Japan.
- The tallest structure in Johannesburg is the Hillbrow Tower which stands at 269 meters high. It is a prominent feature in the city’s beautiful skyline.
- Johannesburg is also known as the “City of Gold” because of the city’s beginning as a gold-mining town.
- Johannesburg has a rich archaeological site as around 40% of the planet’s human ancestor fossils have been discovered in the Johannesburg area.
Book your flights from Durban to Johannesburg with Cheap Flights To by clicking on the link above and experience the City of Gold!