Flights to Amsterdam
Flights to Amsterdam is the best and most convenient way to travel to the Netherlands. Amsterdam is the capital and most populous municipality of the Netherlands. It derived its name from the city’s origin as a dam of the river Amstel.
The duration of Flights to Amsterdam from South Africa’s capital, Johannesburg is approximately 11 hours and 20 minutes as a direct flight and around 16 hours and 10 minutes when there is a one stop point between Johannesburg and Amsterdam.
The following airlines offer Flights to Amsterdam from Johannesburg:
- Emirates Airlines
- Kenya Airways
- Etihad Airways
- Turkish Airlines
- Swiss Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- South African Airways
- Air France
- British Airways
Some of these airlines offer direct Flights to Amsterdam while others offer connecting flights.
Interesting facts about Amsterdam:
- There are 165 canals in Amsterdam. These waterways add up to more than 100 kilometres long. The seventeenth-century canal ring area of Amsterdam inside the Singelgracht become part of the World Heritage list in 2010.
- A random but true fact is that around 25,000 bicycles end up in Amsterdam’s canals each year but only about 8,000 bicycles actually get pulled out.
- People in Amsterdam love their beers, that’s why there are around 1515 bars and cafes in Amsterdam.
- Due to all the canals, there are bound to be a lot of bridges, 1281 bridges to be exact! The Skinny Bridge is the most famous bridge in Amsterdam.
- It is believed that around 20,000,000 tourists and visitors visit Amsterdam each year. This means that there is about 20 times as many tourists and visitors as locals.
Book your Flights to Amsterdam with Cheap Flights To by clicking on the link above and experience the beautiful city that is Amsterdam! Go for a nice stroll or go on an exciting but relaxing trip down the canals.