Flights to Athens
Flights to Athens is the best and most convenient way to travel to the beautiful country of Greece. Athens is the capital and largest city in Greece.
The following airlines offer Flights to Athens from South Africa’s largest city, Johannesburg:
- Emirates Airlines
- Turkish Airlines
- Air Serbia
- Qatar Airways
- Swiss Airlines
- Etihad Airways
- Air France
- Austrian Airlines
- South African Airways
- Ethiopian Airlines
- British Airways
- Virgin Atlantic
- Aegean Airlines
These airlines offer either one or more connecting flights between Johannesburg and Athens.
Interesting facts about Athens:
- Athens is one of the oldest cities in the world. It origin dates back to 3000 BC. The city prides itself for being recognised as the “Cradle of Civilisation” as it was the birthplace of democracy, western philosophy, Olympic games, political science, Western literature, major mathematical principles and theatre.
- The Acropolis is a sacred hill in Athens where ancient Greeks built many temples in order to honour the gods. The Acropolis has survived all kinds of natural disasters, wars and invasions over the last 20 centuries. It was recognised as a World Heritage site.
- The National Archaeological Museum, which is located in Athens, is home to around 5,000 year old artefacts. The antiquities dating from the Neolithic Age to Roman Greece Age can be seen here.
- Athens is a popular and favourite holiday spot that attracts around 17 million tourists and visitors each year.
- Athens experiences a subtropical Mediterranean climate with hot and dry summers followed by mild and wet winters and have an average annual temperature of 18.5°C.
- Athens boasts with more theatres than any other city in the world with its astonishing 148 stages!
Book your Flights to Athens now with Cheap Flights To by clicking on the link above and experience this ancient city that has a rich cultural history!