Flights to Windhoek
Flights to Windhoek is the best way to travel from South Africa to the capital and the largest city of the Republic of Namibia.
The following airlines offer Flights to Windhoek from South Africa’s largest city, Johannesburg:
- Air Namibia
- South African Airways
- British Airways
- Air Botswana via Gaborone
Most of the Flights to Windhoek from Johannesburg are non-stop flights. The duration of direct Flights to Windhoek from Johannesburg are approximately 1 hour and 55 minutes.
Some airlines offer connecting flights between Johannesburg and Windhoek. The duration of these flights may vary depending on the number of stops between Johannesburg and Windhoek. Different airlines offer different flights to different destinations between Johannesburg and Windhoek.
Interesting facts about Windhoek:
- Windhoek made an attempt to break the Guinness World Record in 2006 for the “World’s Largest Braai”.
- Windhoek has one of the oldest weather bureaus in the world. It was established in 1863 and has been in use ever since, without any interruptions.
- Windhoek was formally established on the 18th of October 1890.
- Miss Universe was hosted in the City of Windhoek in 1992.
- Alte Feste, which is German for “Old Fortress” was built in 1890 and today houses the National Museum in Windhoek.
- Windhoek is one of the world’s major trade centres for Karakul sheep skins.
- The Avis Dam near Windhoek was built in 1930.
- The first Jacaranda trees were planted in Windhoek in 1917.
- Namibia is the youngest country in Africa as it only got independence from South African rule in the 21st of March 1990.
- The Namib Desert stretches along the Namibian coast all the way up to Angola. The Namib Desert is also the oldest desert in the world.
Book your Flights to Windhoek now with Cheap Flights To by clicking on the link above and experience the beautiful city of Windhoek with its rich history and culture!