Jakarta to Surabaya
Flights from Jakarta to Surabaya is the best and most convenient way to travel from the capital city of Indonesia to the capital city of Jawa Timur and is the second largest city in Indonesia.
The following airlines offer flights from Jakarta to Surabaya:
- Indonesia AirAsia
- Garuda Indonesia
The flights from Jakarta to Surabaya are non-stop flights and the duration of these flights are approximately 1 hour and 35 minutes. The duration of these flights may differ.
Interesting facts about Surabaya:
- The name of the city, Surabaya has a unique combination of two creatures. The first part of the name is derived from the word “Suro” which means Shark and the second part is derived from the word “Boyo” which means Crocodile. Both these animals are used as symbols in the emblem of Surabaya.
- The city is also known by the name of Kota Pahlawan, which means the “city of heroes”. The city was given this name as a result of the Battle of Surabaya that was fought here. This battle resulted during the Indonesian National Revolution in support of Indonesia fighting for their independence.
- One of the most interesting foods you will find in Indonesia is the cow nose salad. The salad is exactly as what the name suggests. The dish is called rujak cingur.
- The Bratang Flower Market of Surbaya is a real treat for the eye. The market has a diverse range of different flowers.
- There are only two distinct seasons in Surabaya – wet and dry. The best time to visit Surabaya will be during the dry season which is generally from May to October, with the chances of rainfall being the lowest from July to September.
Book your flights from Jakarta to Surabaya now with Cheap Flights To and experience the diverse city that is Surabaya!