Joburg to Port Elizabeth
Flights from Joburg to Port Elizabeth is the best and most convenient way to travel from South Africa’s “City of Gold” to “The Friendly City”.
The following airlines offer flights from Joburg to Port Elizabeth:
- British Airways
- South African Airways
The flights from Joburg to Port Elizabeth are generally non-stop flights. The duration of these non-stop flights are approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes.
Some airlines do offer connecting flights from Joburg to Port Elizabeth. The duration of these flights may differ depending on the number of stops and layover time between these two destinations.
Things to do in Port Elizabeth:
- Donkin Heritage Trail consists of a large collection of historic Victorian buildings and monuments that tell the story of the first British colonial settlers that arrived on the shores of Algoa Bay.
- Horse Memorial is a provincial heritage site that was established in memory of the horses that served and died during the Second Boer War.
- South African Air Force Museum
- Kragga Kamma Game Park is a lush coastal forest and grassland and is home to a variety of African game, including White Rhino, Buffalo, Cheetah, Giraffe, Zebra, Nyala, Bontebok, Lechwe and many more species.
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Art Museum is home to a comprehensive collection of South African art and craft and specialises in the art of the Eastern Cape Province.
Some interesting facts about Port Elizabeth:
- Even though Port Elizabeth is nicknamed the “Windy City”, it is actually, according to climatologists, the least windy coastal city in the whole of South Africa.
- Port Elizabeth boasts with the nicest weather in which the highest recorded temperature was 41°C and the lowest recorded temperature ever was just -1°C.
- It is the second largest city in South Africa in terms of area space but with regards to its population, it is the fifth largest.
Book your flights from Joburg to Port Elizabeth now with Cheap Flights To by clicking on the link above and experience the beautiful scenery and beaches of Port Elizabeth!