Malaysia Airlines is the flag carrier of Malaysia and is a member of the OneWorld airline alliance. It is a major airline that operates flights from Kuala Lumpur International airport to destinations throughout
- Middle East
The airline was founded in 1947 and started operations in 1987. It contains a fleet of 111 aircrafts.
The checked baggage allowances as set out by Malaysia Airlines are as follows:
- Economy Class – Passengers are allowed two pieces with a total combined weight of 30kg
- Business Class – Passengers are allowed two pieces with a total combined weight of 40kg
- First Class – Passengers are allowed two pieces with a total combined weight of 50kg
- Passengers travelling with infants – Passengers are allowed one bag with the weight that does not exceed 10kg
The on-board entertainment that is offered by Malaysia Airlines is as follows:
- Movies – From the latest Hollywood movies to the all-time classics
- TV – the airline offers a wide selection of popular TV programmes
- Audio on Demand – passengers have access to nearly 400 music and spoken-word albums
- Radio Channels – a variety of radio shows across a range of genres
- Games – passengers have access to around 47 games in six different categories
Passengers travelling in First Class and Business Class are offered with a Chief-on-Call menu that features 25 meal options that can be booked in advance. Meals must be ordered at least 24 hours before departure time of the flight.
Malaysia Airlines offers their passengers duty-free shopping from the comfort of their seats. During the flight, passengers are able to browse through the airlines Temptations in-flight shopping magazine that is available from the seat pocket. The magazine includes brand-name products and Malaysia Airlines souvenirs at duty-free prices.
The products that are offered include:
- Electronics and gadgets
- Children’s gifts