Turkish Airlines is the national flag carrier of Turkey and is headquartered at the Turkish Airlines General Management Building. The airline was established in 1933 and has ever since then grown into one of the biggest airline in the world, the fourth largest airline in the world to be exact. In 2013, the airline was awarded the winner of the Airline of the Year by Air Transport.
As the airline is the fourth largest airline in the world, based on the number of destinations that are travelled to via Turkish Airlines, they are able to offer their passengers the convenience of being able to travel to most destinations around the world at affordable prices with outstanding services.
The baggage allowances for international flights as set out by Turkish Airlines are as follows:
- Economy Class – Passengers have a checked baggage allowance of 25kg
- Business Class – Passengers have a checked baggage allowance of 30kg
- Infants (0-2 years old) – They have a checked baggage allowance of 10kg in addition to one collapsible baby carriage
The hand baggage allowances are as follows:
- Economy Class – Passengers are allowed one piece not exceeding the weight limit of 8kg and a dimension of 55x40x23 cm
- Business Class – Passengers are allowed two pieces not exceeding the weight limit of 8kg and a dimension of 55x40x23 cm
- Infants – Passengers are allowed one piece not exceeding the weight limit of 8kg and a dimension of 55x40x23 cm
Regardless of the flight class and card status of the passengers, the following items are considered to be personal items, which may be carried on-board, free of charge and provided that is may only be one piece.
- Male or female purses
- Small video camera or camera
- Bag-type strollers
- Tablet or Laptop
Book your ticket now with Turkish Airlines by clicking on the link above!