British Airways operates domestic flights in South Africa which are controlled and run by Comair. As the flag carrier airline in the United Kingdom, British Airways is known for their superior reliability and comfortable in-flight experience. The airline is headquartered in Heathrow Airport in London, whereas the Comair that operates in the South African branch is located at O.R Tambo International Airport.
If you are flying within South Africa or to destinations using British Airways, the baggage allowances are as follows:
- In economy class (Traveller), passengers are allowed one bag of checked luggage of 23kg which will be free of charge. If the bag is heavier that 23kg, it will result in a heavy bag charge of R250 at the airport. If the bag weighs more than 32kg, he bag will not be accepted and will need to be sent as cargo.
- In premium economy class, passengers are allowed two bags of checked luggage of 23kg each
- In business (Club) and first class, passengers are allowed three bags of checked luggage of 32 kg each
- Sports and music equipment forms part of your free checked baggage allowance as set above.
- Passengers are allowed one piece of hand luggage in addition to a laptop or handbag.
Passengers can check in online, via mobile phone, as well as at British Airways check-in desks or airport self-service check-in kiosks. Online and mobile check-ins open 24 hours ahead of the scheduled flight departure time. Passengers checking in via mobile can choose their seating.
The in-flight experience of British Airways as well as the catering service on-board is considered to be excellent. Passengers are supplied with personal television monitors that include games, movies, music and TV being available on demand.
Book now with British Airways and experience the luxury airline that transports over 38 million passenger per year.