CemAir is a South African based airline specialising in scheduled flights to smaller destinations that no other airline offers. The airline is based in Johannesburg at OR Tambo International Airport and was formed in 2005. This proudly South African airline is privately owned and independent of all other airlines. The aircrafts used are small with a seating capacity that can accommodate as little as 19 to 50 passengers.
The baggage allowances for CemAir are as follows:
Checked Baggage limitations and conditions vary according to each route. Any single bag weighing over 32kg will not be accepted and must be shipped separately as cargo.
- Sishen / Kathu – passengers are allowed combined weight (comprising of both gate checked and checked baggage) 12kg per passenger.
- Bloemfontein – passengers are allowed combined weight (comprising of both gate checked and checked baggage) 31kg per passenger.
- Margate / Plettenberg / Cape Town – passengers are allowed combined weight (comprising of both gate checked and checked baggage) 21kg per passenger.
- International Passengers – Passengers who arrive/depart on an international or regional flight will be entitled to an additional 10kg free checked luggage.
- Infant Baggage Allowance – Passengers travelling with infants (0-24 months) will be allowed an additional 10kg for the infant.
- Hand Luggage – In addition to the overall checked allowance, passengers may also carry on-board small personal items such as a handbag, laptop, small camera, reading material and blanket.
Passengers flying with CemAir who require an excess baggage allowance may purchase it online or at the airport during check-in at the rate of R25.00 per kg.
Online check-in is available 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure time of the flight. This includes the selecting of seating and the printing of a boarding pass. The check-in counter open 90 minutes prior to the scheduled time of departure of the flight and closes 45 minutes prior to the departure for Johannesburg and Cape Town.
Book your ticket now with CemAir by clicking on the link above!