SA Airlink is an airline that is based in Johannesburg with its hub at OR Tambo International Airport. It is a privately owned airline and has developed into South Africa’s first feeder network, which is aimed at connecting the smaller towns, regional centres and hubs throughout South Africa. The airline takes you to the places that are overlooked by the bigger airlines and in doing so, it carries over 1 million passengers each year. Their goal is to connect smaller towns to the major cities and operates over 3500 flights each month.
SA Airlink has been operating flights for over 20 years since its commencement in 1995. In 2001, the airline was awarded the winner of 3 awards including the coveted top prize of being the best airline in Bloemfontein and George.
The airline operates its flights through interacting their alliance with SAA (South African Airways), SA Express and Star Alliance.
Some of the domestic flights that are offered by SA Airlink include flights to and from the following destinations:
- Cape Town
- East London
Some of the regional and internationally flights that are offered by the airline are as follows:
- Windhoek – Namibia
- Maputo, Tete, Nampula – Mozambique
- Gaborone, Maun, Kasane – Botswana
- Lusaka, Livingstone, Ndola – Zambia
- Nosy Be, Antananarivo – Madagascar
The standard hand baggage allowance per class for domestic and internationally flight is:
- Economy Class – Passengers are allowed one piece plus one slimline laptop bag
- Business Class – Passengers are allowed two pieces plus one slimline laptop bag
The checked baggage allowances as set out by SA Airlink are as follows:
- Economy Class – Passengers are allowed checked luggage that does not exceed 20kg
- Business Class – Passengers are allowed checked luggage that does not exceed 30kg
Book your ticket now with Cheap Flights To by clicking on the link above!